Lesson learned from the national pilot project about conducting action research
At the beginning
There are need to change the power relationship between administrators and teachers and the educational belief of both groups (Pillay, 2002: 11).
- perceive action research method (PDCA) as an absolute (Pillay, 2002: 11);
- lack of understanding of both purposes and processes of the action research (Pillay, 2002: 11);
- lack of recognition of importance of giving feedback or reflection (Pillay, 2002: 11);
- not appreciate their roles that they have to facilitate teachers, not control teachers (Pillay, 2002: 11);
- request more extensive training and mentoring by local experts (Pillay, 2002: 12-13);